In the West, traditional eastern medicines are not usually recognized until there is scientific evidence to back it up. Well, in the case of turmeric, there is!
(1) Kills 16-times more cancer cells than the leading chemo drug Eloxatin — without harming healthy cells (International Journal of Oncology)
(2) Performs better in memory tests than the drug Aricept (the most widely prescribed Alzheimer’s drug) — Salk Institute for Biological Studies
(3) Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels better than the statin drug Lipitor (Journal of Drug Research and Development)
(4) Beats Celebrex for relieving knee arthritis pain (Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine)
(5) Relieves rheumatoid arthritis pain better than Ibuprofen (Journal of Phytotherapy Research)
(6) “Therapeutic effects are comparable to pharmaceutical NSAIDs… but with a major difference in that this compound is nontoxic and free of side effects.” – Vanderbilt and University of Pittsburgh researchers (Journal of Surgical Neurology International)
(7) “More effective in stopping the protein fragments from forming than many other drugs being tested to treat Alzheimer’s” – UCLA Alzheimer’s Department and Veterans Affairs researchers (Journal of Biological Chemistry)
(8) “It’s 400-times more potent than the diabetes drug Metformin” — reports Auburn University researchers (Journal of Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications)
(9) More effectively treats Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) than Prozac — without Prozac’s devastating side effects, according to a randomized, controlled study.
(10) Treats chronic uveitis — a leading cause of blindness — better than corticosteroids… the only available prescription treatment (Journal of Phytotherapy Research)
(11) “Could enhance erectile function with more efficacy and more prolonged duration of action than Viagra” (International Journal of Impotence Research)
(12) Destroys more colon cancer stem cells than FOLFOX (one of the most widely prescribed chemotherapy protocols) – Baylor University researchers