Proper Health starts with the correct acid-alkaline balance in your body. The pH level (acid – alkaline measurement) of our internal fluids affects every cell in our bodies. Extended acid imbalances of any kind can overwhelm your body, and lead to health complications.
Just as the body regulates its temperature in a rigid manner, so will it manage to preserve a very narrow pH range – especially in the blood. As a matter of fact, the body will go to such great lengths to maintain a blood pH of 7.365 that it will even create stress on other tissues, body systems, and organs to do so. Chronic acidity will interrupt all cellular activities and functions – it interferes with life itself.
When the pH of the body gets out of balance (too acidic), we may experience low energy, fatigue, excess weight, poor digestion, aches and pains, and even more serious disorders.
The cycle of acidity begins primarily as a result of three things:
1. Ingesting acids. Eating too many acidifying foods like processed sugar, meats, dairy, coffee, alcohol, etc. Create an acid ash in the body. These acids can overload the body’s ability to neutralize them.
2. Creation of acids. Pathogens and microforms create acidifying toxins in the body. As the body becomes more and more acidic, bad bacteria, yeasts and other microforms proliferate in the body. Since these organisms are living, they eat as well as create resulting toxins. These toxins are often very acidifying.
3. Improper elimination of acids. Not all acids are the same; some are weak and some are strong. Weak acids like citric acid are much easier to neutralize than strong acids like uric acid. The body uses many systems in order to buffer acids including breath, mineral reserves, and fat. When the body’s buffering systems become compromised, excess acids build up.
The process of reestablishing acid-alkaline balance begins with proper diet and nutrition. This includes eating alkalizing foods (vegetables, low sugar fruits, etc.), super hydration (drinking plenty of alkaline water), and proper supplementation.
Keeping yourself BALANCED is your first line of defense in fighting any disease and alkaline water creates a major impact in balancing the body’s pH.
A body that is too acidic provides the ideal environment for diseases to manifest and thrive in. For example, accumulated acid waste in the joints encourages inflammation and arthritis. It turns acidic wastes into solids and stores them in fatty tissues resulting in hardening of the arteries and excess weight. Our body also tries to buffer the effect of this excess acid by taking calcium from the bones, and magnesium needed for heart health.
Therefore, one of the keys to great health is keeping the body pH properly balanced. Because of the predominance of hydroxyl ions produced, making the water highly alkaline, drinking plenty of alkaline water will help dissolves accumulated acid waste and will balance your body pH.
Restoring the pH balance in the body.
Alkaline water can neutralize the acidity of the body caused by stress, modern diet, air pollution, and many bottled waters.
– A higher pH in the body reduces the need for fat and cholesterol to protect the body from damaging acids.
– Alkaline water is negatively charged and an “antioxidant.” Antioxidants reduce cellular and DNA damage caused by free radicals. Negatively charged alkaline water creates energy by giving up ions to positive ions.
– Alkaline water tastes lighter with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
– Improves the body’s absorption of essential nutrients
– Improves body function by cleaning your cells from the inside out.
– Using water with a higher pH level improves the taste of beverages and food.
– Improves your immune system function to help you fight diseases.
– Cooking with alkaline water improves the taste and quality of foods and using acidic water when boiling eggs improves their quality
Understanding pH Values
For those not familiar with pH scales:
Pure acid is pH 0
Pure alkaline is pH 14
Neutral (neither acid nor alkaline) is pH 7
pH 7 is ten times more alkaline than pH 6
pH 8 is 100 times more alkaline than pH 6
pH 9 is 1,000 times ore alkaline than pH 6
How much do I drink?
Your water needs are based on your body weight. Half your body weight is your cleansing dose and 80% of that is your minimum because otherwise you’re dehydrated.
100 pound person, 50 ounces is their cleansing dose and 40 ounces is a minimum of fluids they should drink every day.
How much alkaline water should I drink? That depends on your pH. We carry very sensitive pH paper for determining your urine pH which is the pH we base your need for alkaline water on. If you’re a vegetarian and your pH is already alkaline then you can just drink regular filtered water. But if your pH is lower than 6.4 then you need to drink alkaline water. I would recommend 1 L a day minimum. Depending on your weight more might be indicated.
How alkaline of water should I drink? Water can come from about 7.8 to 10. You can drink water that is to alkaline for you and it is best to be tested at our office to determine the best pH. Waters with a pH of 9 to 9.5 tend to test the best, but your situation might be different.
Both saliva and urine pH should be 6.4. When you maintain that then your blood and cells will be able to maintain the pH that is right for them. Saliva pH indicate your digestive pH whereas urine pH indicates your body pH. So for determining your need for alkaline water urine pH is the one to watch. Also it is recommended not to drink alkaline water with meals. If you’re going to drink water with a meal I recommend squeezing several lemon or lime slices in the water to make it acidic. Lemon and lime will be alkaline on your body yet acid in your stomach.